Based in New York
September 12, 2017
Crystal Rescue is about reuniting with your friends, and understanding their personal struggles. In order to do that, you must first master the crystals and discover the path they create.
Crystal Rescue started as a simple idea to create and develop a game with friends. The inspiration for Crystal Rescue was to create a game, we as console and pc gamers would want to play. The original prototype was rough and lacking of all its current polish and depth, it was a simple paint graphics based buggy build. But even as we played this build we found the game mechanics alone still fun and engaging, and that inspired us to continue digging. All game development and design came from the small team and large amounts of time and effort, but ultimately the polish envisioned was cultivated from artistic contributions over a period of nearly 5 years.
- Over 100 hand designed and decorated puzzles!
- Mechanics that entertain as well as challenge
- A sense of journeying and adventure is crafted through detailed menu and level decoration
- The unity and continuity of the levels provides a sense of immersion uncommon to mobile games
- Beautiful graphics that show what passionate development can bring to mobile
- Each world and cinematic is uniquely stylized both artistically and musically
- A strong story is developed through in game cinematics, game menus, and environmental cues hidden throughout the levels
- The large selection of puzzle based levels challenges players and drives them to unravel the games mysteries
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Crystal Rescue was one of the three games selected, out of 150, by Playcrafting NYC to be given a full booth in the expo zone at MIGS 2016. " MIGS 2016
Android Version Review
A review of our soft launched Android version by DVS Gaming dvsgaming.org.
Play NYC review
Article reviewing the build shown at the Play NYC game expo thatvideogameblog.com.
Play NYC Interview
An interview with Jason Khabra about Crystal Rescue youtu.be.
Play NYC Gameplay Footage
Gameplay footage of Crystal Rescue during Play NYC youtu.be.
Announcement Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was announced is available at virware.com.
VirWare is an independent game studio made up of Jason Khabra and James Tarquinio, dedicated to bringing good game design principles to mobile, rather than building simple addiction loops.
More information on VirWare, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crystal Rescue Credits
Lead Designer and Programming, VirWare
Cinematic Artist, Freelancer